April Video Newsletter
How does FPHCR work? Click the picture to find out!
Welcome to Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region
You can Donate to Family Promise in a variety of ways! Take advantage of Club 274, Corporate Sponsorships, ScripZone and much more
There are ways you can volunteer at Family Promise, from Congregation Hosting, Volunteer Jobs and Board Membership
Latest News & Updates
We’re hiring an new Executive Director!
Our founding Executive Director, Krissy Marshall, will be staying at home to rear her new baby starting this fall. Therefore, we are looking for a dynamic and skilled individual to take FPHCR to the next level! If you or someone you know is interested, please look at the 2017 FPHCR Executive Director job description for information on the position and how to apply. Thank you!
Latest Blog Post
Meet & Greet: Leeann Shearer
June 15, 2017
If you stopped by the Family Promise day center in Lemoyne last fall, you may have run into one of our interns, Leeann Shearer. A graduate student in clinical psychology at Millersville University, Shearer wanted to get some experience working with families. Her responsibilities included making new connections with churches, finding volunteers to help with […]
Who Are Our Neighbors Without Homes?
- Folks just like us — mothers, fathers, children.
- An under-insured family loses everything in a fire. Their only option is to move into a hotel, but they can’t afford it forever.
- A working mom loses employment because of health restrictions. Now, she and her two kids get behind on rent and are running out of money quickly.
Why Family Promise?
- Families are the fastest growing segment of the homeless population nationwide.
- 20% of America’s kids live in poverty.
- 75% of our families get back on track to their own homes within 90 days.
ll do anything I can do to help out the program after what you all did for me! Thank you so much – we couldn’t have turned our lives around without Family Promise!