Welcome to Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region
You can Donate to Family Promise in a variety of ways! Take advantage of Club 274, Corporate Sponsorships, ScripZone and much more
There are ways you can volunteer at Family Promise, from Congregation Hosting, Volunteer Jobs and Board Membership
Latest News & Updates
2015-2016 Annual Report
Our fphcr-annual-report-2015-2016 is now available. Please check it out to see what we’ve accomplished this year, what our families have achieved, and who all was involved in making it happen. Thank you!
Latest Blog Post
Green Eggs & Ham
April 20, 2017
Malachi, four years old, has not always been the most interactive. He participated in our summer camp, but after that, he sort of retreated to himself. His sister went to school. He’s not old enough yet. He spent a lot of time on the computer. He’d watch videos and take naps throughout the day. Volunteers […]
Who Are Our Neighbors Without Homes?
- Folks just like us — mothers, fathers, children.
- An under-insured family loses everything in a fire. Their only option is to move into a hotel, but they can’t afford it forever.
- A working mom loses employment because of health restrictions. Now, she and her two kids get behind on rent and are running out of money quickly.
Why Family Promise?
- Families are the fastest growing segment of the homeless population nationwide.
- 20% of America’s kids live in poverty.
- 75% of our families get back on track to their own homes within 90 days.
Thank you, Family Promise volunteers. We appreciate your kind hearts. You have showed me a wonderful time and also helped me believe that there is a God above. We love you and God bless