Welcome to Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region
You can Donate to Family Promise in a variety of ways! Take advantage of Club 274, Corporate Sponsorships, ScripZone and much more
There are ways you can volunteer at Family Promise, from Congregation Hosting, Volunteer Jobs and Board Membership
Connect with Us on Facebook,Through our Newsletter, and through our website!
Latest News & Updates
Art Auction EventWe are very excited to hold our first Art Auction event on December 12 at AmeriChoice FCU in Mechanicsburg! Tickets are ONLY $10 for an evening of art, wine, cheese, music, networking, and fun!! Check out our Giving the Gift of Art flyer for more information.
Family Promise Quoted in Article“We can’t continue to ‘fix’ things like poverty without understanding it from the eyes of the people who are experiencing it.” –Kristina Marshall, Network Director, Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region, quoted in Representative Dave Reed’s “Beyond Poverty” research findings. Read the entire article here: Click Here
McCurdy’s Tree Farm Fund Raiser!It’s getting to be that time of year when we see Christmas trees, lights, and decorations everywhere. This year, you can do some decorating and help out Family Promise! Check out McCurdy’s Tree Farm FPHCR flyer. Simply bring this flyer with you to purchase a beautiful tree at McCurdy’s Tree Farm, and FPHCR gets 10%!
FREE Parenting Support & Financial Literacy Classes in our Community!Working in partnership with United Way, Family Support of Central PA, and First Christ Church, we’re starting a parenting support group & financial literacy classes every Saturday from 10-11:30am! Child care is provided for this FREE class! Come for one topic, or come every week! Anyone can join. Please see the Community Classes flyer with Schedule 2014 for more information.
I just wish blessings on this program! It truly is of God. There are so many blessings here that I just pray for more and more blessings in the future. —
Who Are Our Neighbors Without Homes?
- Folks just like us — mothers, fathers, children.
- An under-insured family loses everything in a fire. Their only option is to move into a hotel, but they can’t afford it forever.
- A working mom loses employment because of health restrictions. Now, she and her two kids get behind on rent and are running out of money quickly.
Why Family Promise?
- Families are the fastest growing segment of the homeless population nationwide.
- 20% of America’s kids live in poverty.
- 75% of our families get back on track to their own homes within 90 days.