Welcome to Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region
You can Donate to Family Promise in a variety of ways! Take advantage of Club 274, Corporate Sponsorships, ScripZone and much more
There are ways you can volunteer at Family Promise, from Congregation Hosting, Volunteer Jobs and Board Membership
Latest News & Updates
Art Auction EventA big thank you to everyone who attend our first ever art auction event! It was a huge success! We had over 100 people present and made close to $3,000! A special thank you to AmeriChoice for hosting us and providing a generous check to get the evening started. Here’s a picture of one of the children’s art pieces that sold for $170!
Family Promise Quoted in Article“We can’t continue to ‘fix’ things like poverty without understanding it from the eyes of the people who are experiencing it.” –Kristina Marshall, Network Director, Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region, quoted in Representative Dave Reed’s “Beyond Poverty” research findings. Read the entire article here: Click Here
McCurdy’s Tree Farm Fund Raiser!McCurdy’s Tree Farm FPHCR flyer. Simply bring this flyer with you to purchase a beautiful tree at McCurdy’s Tree Farm, and FPHCR gets 10%!
FREE Parenting Support & Financial Literacy Classes in our Community!Working in partnership with United Way, Family Support of Central PA, and First Christ Church, we’re starting a parenting support group & financial literacy classes every Saturday from 10-11:30am! Child care is provided for this FREE class! Come for one topic, or come every week! Anyone can join. Please see the Community Classes flyer with Schedule 2014 for more information.
ll do anything I can do to help out the program after what you all did for me! Thank you so much – we couldn’t have turned our lives around without Family Promise! —
Who Are Our Neighbors Without Homes?
- Folks just like us — mothers, fathers, children.
- An under-insured family loses everything in a fire. Their only option is to move into a hotel, but they can’t afford it forever.
- A working mom loses employment because of health restrictions. Now, she and her two kids get behind on rent and are running out of money quickly.
Why Family Promise?
- Families are the fastest growing segment of the homeless population nationwide.
- 20% of America’s kids live in poverty.
- 75% of our families get back on track to their own homes within 90 days.