Welcome to Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region
You can Donate to Family Promise in a variety of ways! Take advantage of Club 274, Corporate Sponsorships, ScripZone and much more
There are ways you can volunteer at Family Promise, from Congregation Hosting, Volunteer Jobs and Board Membership
Latest News & Updates
Case Manager Job OpeningOur wonderful case manager stepped back to spend time caring for her family. We are looking for someone new to fill this role. Please see the job description: FPHCR Case Manager job description PT_2015. Feel free to pass it along to anyone who may be interested. We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right candidate for the position.
We’ve gone viral…check out our March video newsletter!
Family Promise Quoted in Article“We can’t continue to ‘fix’ things like poverty without understanding it from the eyes of the people who are experiencing it.” –Kristina Marshall, Network Director, Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region, quoted in Representative Dave Reed’s “Beyond Poverty” research findings. Read the entire article here: Click Here
FREE Parenting Support & Financial Literacy Classes in our Community!Working in partnership with United Way, Family Support of Central PA, and First Christ Church, we’re starting a parenting support group & financial literacy classes two Saturdays a month from 10-11:30am! Child care is provided for this FREE class! Come for one topic, or come every week! Anyone can join. Please see the West Shore Prosperity Center 2015 for more information.
ll do anything I can do to help out the program after what you all did for me! Thank you so much – we couldn’t have turned our lives around without Family Promise! —
Who Are Our Neighbors Without Homes?
- Folks just like us — mothers, fathers, children.
- An under-insured family loses everything in a fire. Their only option is to move into a hotel, but they can’t afford it forever.
- A working mom loses employment because of health restrictions. Now, she and her two kids get behind on rent and are running out of money quickly.
Why Family Promise?
- Families are the fastest growing segment of the homeless population nationwide.
- 20% of America’s kids live in poverty.
- 75% of our families get back on track to their own homes within 90 days.